About Me

My photo
An educator (and life-long learner) with the New Brunswick Community College & a recent M.ED graduate from Acadia University

Monday, July 12, 2010

University Education - $18.00


Everything I needed to know in life..I could have bought it at the Dollarama for $18 bucks!

My educational mission today - Shopping in the bustling metropolis of New Minas (Dollarama) to purchase low-tech assistive technology devices for students. This was actually fun. I cannot believe how much I learned from this experience. As Janice (class partner) and I wandered around the store, my mind raced with new and innovative ideas that would assist any and all students. Big pens, textured oven mitts, and place mats for stability, strength and improved dexterity. By the time the idea browsing was over.. we had a full shopping cart. Now it's time to develop instructional strategies and delivery methods to use these low tech devices. By including some of these simple ideas (egg timers and place mats for non-slip laptops) my classroom will be coined Ms. Poirier's 21st Century Room.


After watching this YouTube video "The Vision of K-12 Today, I can't even imagine teaching and delivering my curriculum in the same manner.

1 comment:

  1. Love your shopping comments Shelly! Glad you enjoyed the experience.

    ReplyDelete